Head of Digital Mobilisation and Fundraising
About the job
Feedback is an environmental campaign group, we work to regenerate nature by transforming our food system. Food production is the single greatest impact humans have on the environment. From mountains of food waste, to habitat destruction to clear land to grow animal feed for factory farms, to soil depletion leaving future harvests at risk: the food system needs to change. Founded in 2013, we combine investigative research, campaigns, community outreach and on the ground pilot projects for a better food system.
About the role
Feedback has a proud history of mobilising citizens on environmental and food issues, from our celebratory, mass participation events held between 2009 and 2017, to our more recent campaigns mobilising thousands of activists online. Now, as we enter a new strategic period which places enabling our supporters to take digital action at its heart, and with digital fundraising a core part of our next business model, we’re ready to take a step to the next level.
We’re looking for an experienced, dynamic and talented Head of Digital Mobilisation and Fundraising who can create and lead on Feedback’s first digital mobilisation and fundraising strategy, integrating digital across our campaigns and individual giving goals, and setting the stage for rapid growth in our online audiences and engagement.
Our ideal candidate will bring at least seven years’ experience leading digital engagement and mobilisation for campaigning organisations, as well as considerable experience delivering against individual donor fundraising targets. This role is an exciting opportunity for a driven and creative individual who is passionate about action in support of planetary health, to found Feedback’s first major digital mobilisation and fundraising programme. It would suit a self-starter who is keen to experiment, adapt and lead a brand-new programme of work. This is a rare opportunity to join a pioneering campaign group at the beginning of a new strategic period, with an unusual degree of flexibility and potential around their programme of work, as well as an external context in which the climate emergency, biodiversity loss, and the role of food, is on the agenda as never before. As a Senior Management position, the Head of Digital Mobilisation and Fundraising will also contribute the organisation’s wider strategy and effectiveness.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- To lead Feedback’s digital mobilisation and fundraising programme, integrating digital and fundraising across Feedback’s campaigning activity (approx. 90%)
- To create a digital mobilisation and fundraising strategy to deliver against both fundraising targets (to be set) and the objectives of Feedback’s new three-year strategic plan.
- To generate income for Feedback from online giving (primarily individuals and small organisations).
- To manage resources, including staff time, external consultants or agencies and a dedicated budget, to deliver on strategic goals and fundraising targets.
- To drive significant supporter acquisition, across social and email, and to create and test supporter journeys.
- To direct content creation and scheduling, to maximise opportunities for influence and to mobilise citizens around key Feedback asks, and to leverage campaigns to drive individual giving.
- To contribute to campaign planning and design, bringing an awareness of the digital landscape and fundraising possibilities.
- To use analytics and an understanding of charitable benchmarks and measures of engagement to assess and refine digital communications and fundraising.
- To continue the development of Feedback’s digital assets such as our website, to keep these fresh and supportive of our goals.
- To manage junior staff to support and deliver digital mobilisation and fundraising objectives.
- Contribute to the development of Feedback as an effective and inclusive organisation (approx. 10%)
- As a senior member of the team, contribute to the organisation’s sound management and planning, including financial and risk management, team wellbeing and strategic development.
- To facilitate the development of organisational messaging with the wider team.
- To upskill and develop the skills and talents of Feedback campaigners to use digital tools and to raise funds online.
- To conduct any other reasonable task as requested by the Executive Director.
To deliver in this role you will need to have:
- Considerable expertise in digital mobilisation and online fundraising, with at least seven years’ experience developing and delivering against strategic objectives, including ambitious fundraising targets and managing budgets.
- Experience in delivering multiple and complex marketing projects at the same time, with an excellent understanding of audiences, messaging, tactics, journeys and scheduling.
- Demonstrable experience delivering against income generation, engagement and acquisition targets through email marketing, social (including paid for) and website optimisation.
- Experience at forming excellent and productive relationships both internally and with external agencies, including management or oversight of a team.
- The ability to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns using insight and monitoring tools and share this insight with colleagues to inform forward planning.
- Creative content development skills, with an eye for a strong story and an understanding of how to tell it across different digital and social platforms, as well as the ability to leverage external resources to develop engaging content.
- Strong experience with a range of digital tools, including social platforms, Google Ads, Analytics, SEO and ideally with Engaging Networks at an advanced level, as well as WordPress and other common digital communications platforms.
- A developed understanding of campaigning, with experience working in a campaigns-led environment.
- Ideally, experience working with internationally oriented projects, audiences and campaigns.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude, flexibility and adaptability, willing to pitch in on delivery and help colleagues across the team, recognising that Feedback is a small, nimble organisation with fast-changing priorities
- A commitment to Feedback’s values – we are bold, collaborative, impact-driven, celebratory and inspiring – and to our goal of ecological regeneration through changing the food system.
This job is open to everyone, regardless of their background. We acknowledge that the environmental sector is less open to people from under-represented backgrounds and we’re firmly committed to doing what we can to correct this. We especially want to hear from you if you feel that opportunities like this are less available to you.
How to apply
Please submit, in Word or pdf format, a CV and cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) to email@example.com, explaining how you meet the person specification and why you would like to work at Feedback.
Closing date for applications is midnight (23:59) on Wednesday 2 November. Shortlisted candidates will be notified on 3 December. We regret that prioritising our limited resources means we are not able to provide feedback if you are not shortlisted. Interviews will be held online via Zoom on 9th and 10th December and will include a short, written task to be carried out the day of the interview.Apply Now