Operations and Finance Assistant
This will be a varied role within a fast-paced environment therefore flexibility and a positive, can-do attitude and a readiness to get stuck in to all aspects of the organisation are essential competencies of the successful candidate.
This job is open to everyone, regardless of your background. We acknowledge that the environmental sector is less open to young people from under-represented backgrounds and we’re committed to doing what we can to correct this. We especially want to hear from you if you feel that opportunities like this are less available to you, or if you feel overlooked by mainstream institutions.How to apply Apply Here
About the job
- Assistance to the finance team (approx. 35% of time))
Accounting Systems (Xero and Receiptbank):
In relation to Xero, maintaining financial records and data accurately and within agreed systems, to include:
- Raising sundry invoices and entering suppliers’ invoices, ensuring that they are properly coded, authorised and paid.
- Keeping a diary to ensure that invoices for project funding are raised on time.
- To monitor and ensure prompt payment of invoices (within terms) and to monitor amounts due to the organisation.
- Supporting staff with the correct usage of Receipt Bank and other expense processing and ensuring that expenses are uploaded in a timely manner.
Online Banking system:
- Processing BACS payments for expenses and maintaining accurate records of authorisation and notification to the payees.
- Assisting the Senior Finance Co-Ordinator with month end bank reconciliations.
- Banking admin duties – updating mandates etc.
- Assisting the Senior Finance Co-ordinator to maintain and keep updated the organisation’s timesheets
- Providing support to the Senior Finance Co-Ordinator and Finance Director by providing analyses and other information from the accounting system as required.
- Other Finance duties commensurate with the role as requested by the Senior Finance Co-Ordinator and Finance Director.
- Assistance to the Operations Manager ( 45% of time)
- General office administration including stationery orders, processing incoming and outgoing mail and dealing with general departmental emails and telephone calls as appropriate, managing printers and stationery
- Assisting with the organisation of events, including booking meeting rooms and assisting with the logistical planning and management of meetings, away days and other events
- Supporting the Operations Manager with staff recruitment and maintaining systems and procedures for all stages of the recruitment process, including new starter and leavers processes
- Updating staff handbooks and policies on a regular basis
- Assisting with the day to day IT support for the team
- Proactively participating in the development of administration systems and processes
- commensurate with the role as requested by the Operations Manager and Executive Director.
- Acting as the Personal Assistant to the Executive Director (approx. 15% of time)
- Supporting the Executive Director with PA duties such as diary scheduling and organising meetings email management assistance, booking travel
- Supporting the Executive Director with other administrative tasks as requested, such as expenses, timesheets, printing etc
4.Supporting other members of the SMT and senior colleagues (approx. 5% of time)
- Supporting other senior colleagues as requested with ad hoc administrative tasks
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times throughout all duties and responsibilities.
- The ability to work to deadlines, while remaining well-organised.
- Good IT skills including intermediate Excel and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- The ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Enthusiastic about being part of a busy and fast-moving office
- Proactive and able to take the initiative when necessary
- Efficient and able to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Supportive of Feedback’s mission to regenerate nature by transforming the food system
- Identify with Feedback’s values- bold, collaborative, celebratory, impact-driven, inspiring
- Experience of working in a small charity environment, particularly an international charity running a number of restricted projects.
- Bookkeeping and/or financial administration experience
- Experience in using Xero or other comparable cloud-based accounting package
- A strong interest in the environment and/or food and farming
- Numeracy and literacy commensurate with the role.
- Ability to act on own initiative and organise personal workloads effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) to email@example.com explaining how you meet the person specification and why you would like to work at Feedback.
Deadline: 5pm 12th June
Notification of interviews – during the week commencing 15th June
Interviews will be held 24th JuneApply Now